One of the most effective issues about proudly owning an prompt pot is the seemingly limitless combos you possibly can check out. I like taking my standard recipes and altering up the method as a result of more often than not, that alone yields an nearly fully totally different dish. Speaking of various: have you ever ever heard of creating yogurt with an prompt pot? It’s really fairly genius should you ask me. I like yogurt and we undergo it like water on this home, so it will possibly get slightly dear. Now that I could make my very own, I save a lot and I may even management how a lot sugar goes in it. The solely necessary factor to remember is to just remember to use a Greek yogurt that accommodates stay and energetic tradition cells in an effort to reap essentially the most advantages from this recipe. Otherwise, get able to be blown away by my prompt pot vanilla yogurt.
Mindblowing Instant Pot Vanilla Yogurt Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 hours
- Total Time: 10 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 gallon 1x
1 gallon milk (1%, 2%, or entire)
three tbsp plain Greek yogurt (see Note*)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour the milk into the Instant pot.
- Press the YOGURT button on the Instant Pot repeatedly to pick out More mode.
- After 10 seconds, the Instant pot will beep and display will learn “BOIL”.
- Close the lid and stroll away.
- After the boil cycle is full, the display will learn “YOGT” and the Pot will flip off.
- Remove the lid.
- Stir the milk and test the temperature utilizing a cooking thermometer.
- The milk should attain a temperature of a minimum of 180°F.
- Remove the pot insert and permit the milk to chill till it reaches a temperature of 110 to 115 °F.
- Return the pot insert into the Instant Pot.
- Place ½ cup of the milk in a small bowl.
- Add the Greek yogurt and stir to mix.
- Stir the yogurt combination again into the milk combination within the pot.
- Close the lid.
- Press the “Yogurt” button and regulate to Normal mode.
- Set the time for 9 to 12 hours (9 for a looser, milder yogurt and 12 for a thicker, tarter yogurt).
- Close with a lid.
- When completed, the Instant Pot will beep and display will learn “YOGT”.
- Remove the lid.
- Stir within the vanilla extract.
- Transfer the yogurt to storage containers.
- Cover and chill till chilly, about Four-6 hours, or as much as 5 days.